Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year!







We decided to bring in the new year together this year (its a little late to post, but oh well). We have never really had any real new years traditions, but I love traditions so we came up with a few. Our new years was 8:00 and so I set the timer on the stove an hour before eight. We played games, looked at our 2008 photo album and rejoiced in the fun things God had allowed us to do as a family this year. We also went around the room and said one thing we wanted to do in 2008. Nathan said to obey his parents more (I liked that), Noah said to play football, Madison said to do ballet again, Mama Linda was here and said she wanted a job, Mitch said he wanted to learn more about the gospel and I said I wanted to be more organized. Then as the timer ticked the kids got more and more excited as time ran out. When the buzzer beeped we blew horns, toasted each other with sparkling grape juice and just kinda went crazy for a few minutes. We laughed a lot and had so much fun, I'm looking forward to putting more thought into it next year.

No comments: